Greetings from Oz

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

boko

Greetings from Oz

Post by boko »

Hello all, I'm a newbie macro photography enthusiast that is still getting his head around the new technology. I'm from the time of using a Hasselblad 500CM (I loved that camera) and 80mm Planar with extension tubes. Now, over twenty years later, I'm finding a whole new level of technology and manipulation which is exciting, if not a little daunting. I'm looking forward to delving into the group and learning something new.
Cheers
Boris

Chris S.
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Oz

Post by Chris S. »

Welcome, Boris! :D

Quite a few of us, here, came up in the age of film. (Though for me, never with anything so exalted as Hasselblad.)

We're all here to help one another.

--Chris S.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Welcome!
Quite a few of us, here, came up in the age of film. (Though for me, never with anything so exalted as Hasselblad.)
That goes for me too. But the lenses that seemed so far out of reach in those days can often be found on eBay for a pittance today. Especially medium format lenses. The Mamiya Apo-Sekors that used to cost many thousands are now available for a few hundred. Hasselblad lenses too are now affordable. The manual super-telephoto 35mm film lenses that we used to lust after are also now cheap. For those of us who grew up with all-manual lenses, it is a great time to be a photographer! And that's not even considering the amazing digital techniques available to us now, like focus stacking.

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Lou Jost wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:54 pm
The manual super-telephoto 35mm film lenses that we used to lust after are also now cheap.
I just today sent off for sale my manual-focus 600mm f/4 Nikkor. I'd lusted after one since college, and bought it rather cheaply about a decade ago. Now it's time to let someone else have the fun of using a lens that requires its own backpack.
For those of us who grew up with all-manual lenses, it is a great time to be a photographer!
I've been waiting 37 years for this autofocus fad to pass. ;)

--Chris S.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic