Greetings from Oklahoma

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

TexOkie

Greetings from Oklahoma

Post by TexOkie »

Hello all,
I’m new to this forum, but not photography.

I bought my first SLR in 1968 and started with Pan-X and Tri-X films, graduating to Ektachrome and Kodachrome (my favorite) only using Kodacolor or Ektacolor when my wife wanted something special.

I don’t recall when I became interested in macrophotography, but I have an old Kodak book that I bought on the subject from back in the ‘70s, so it’s been a while. I bought my first bellows along about that same time and did some experimenting, but was frustrated by the extremely shallow depth of field. The bellows disappeared somewhere along the line as did my interest in macrophotography.

Along came digital photography and the ability to manipulate and stack images and now my interest has returned. I’m starting from ground zero. I just recently acquired a bellows for my Canon 80D (mounted via an FD to EF adapter on one end and an old 50mm f/1.8 FD lens on the other end). I haven’t purchased any stacking software yet. I first want to shoot some 2D images where depth of field is of no concern. Once I’m comfortable with that, I’ll move forward.

I’m attaching one of my 1:1 images shot with the Tokina 100mm Macro.

The photo is the “immature bloom” from a firetail plant and was about 5mm long.
8E1E7365-853E-49C5-A2AD-4AB6EF7D76CC.jpeg
Eric
Tulsa, Ok
Canon 80D, Tokina 100mm Macro, Canon Autobellows & 50mmFD

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic