Greatings from Switzerland

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Bernard-J

Greatings from Switzerland

Post by Bernard-J »

I'm Bernard, a retired microbiologist from the french speaking part of Switzerland, a small country (often mistaken for Sweden and today probably better known thanks to Federer!) that is trying to cope with 4 national languages. I'm mostly interested in what cannot be seen with the naked eye and in trying to understand the biology of microorganisms. More recently, I have started macrophotography of myxomycetes fruiting bodies and especially to present them in 3D but does spend very little time for postprocessing the images, so my results are probably below the expectations of many members of this forum. My first goal was documentation rather than artistic photography, but that is changing and I currently need to shoot >5x macro, so I am coming to the experts in this field, which means you!! :D
Please visit my website for more information: www.microbiolvideos.ch
and you'll discover my YouTube channel as well, I'm pretty proud of my latest video on blood clotting:
https://youtu.be/kL_8isxhEMo
I hope you'll enjoy it too!

Adalbert

Re: Greatings from Switzerland

Post by Adalbert »

Hello Bernard,
Welcome to the forum!
For macro photography above 5x you will most likely need microscope lenses.
Best, ADi

Bernard-J

Re: Greatings from Switzerland

Post by Bernard-J »

Thank you Adalbert,
I know, but as I would prefer having a continuous range between 5x and 10x, thus I will use a bellows macro lens.
But I have a problem of adaptation that I will describe in the right place of the forum.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic