** Sold **: Zhongyi Mitakon Creator Apo 85 mm f/2.8 1x-5x Super Macro

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

enricosavazzi

** Sold **: Zhongyi Mitakon Creator Apo 85 mm f/2.8 1x-5x Super Macro

Post by enricosavazzi »

The Zhongyi 1x-5x Super Macro is one of few lenses (two, if I remember correctly) with a continuous magnification range of 1x to 5x. This specimen is the revised version of the lens with a smaller front element, after the initial version of the lens with a wider front element was pulled from the market for its poor performance.

I reviewed and tested this specimen of the lens at https://www.savazzi.net/photography/mit ... ro-85.html . All images of the lens at this link are of the specimen for sale. I am the first to acknowledge that this is not one of the best macro lenses on the market, and I do not recommend it to pixel peepers, but it is usable if one wants to get an unusually high working distance (I measured 250 mm at 1x and 89 mm at 5x, while Mitakon gives slightly different figures that still apply to the original lens version) and a continuous 1x-5x magnification range in a single lens at a reasonable price.

The lens is fully manual and comes with fixed Nikon F mount. The original box is not included. The small LED ringlight that came with this lens is included.

I am preparing to sell some of my far too many lenses I use only rarely, or not at all, so this will be one of the first.

Some time ago, Zhongyi cut the official price of this lens from 499 US$ to 299 US$. I don't know whether the new price is temporary or permanent. To make it potentially interesting to PM members, I am putting my largely unused specimen for sale at roughly half the new price, i.e. 150 € + shipment at cost, payable by PayPal. This is also roughly half of the prices I normally see on eBay, and barely enough to make me go through the hassle of advertising, packing, shipping etc. This ad is primarily directed to members in the EU, because shipment, sales tax and import tax will quickly add up for other destinations. If anyone is interested or has questions, PM me.
--ES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic