FS - High Resolution Test Targets

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

J_Rogers

FS - High Resolution Test Targets

Post by J_Rogers »

I bought these last year, alongside a large lot of Nikon MM objectives. Put them in storage and completley forgot about them until now.

Selling two actual NIST resolution targets (they were NBS before NIST.) Which is pretty cool considering you can only get NIST certified stuff nowadays. Comparable to the Edmund Optics 3x3 Positive/Negative USAF 1951 hi-resolution glass slide test targets. Those are $1700 without any certification. Since these have an AR coating they are good for both brightfield and transmitted light, have much tighter tolerances than the EO version, and you get 8 different test targets on one slide. Can also be used as a lower magnification distortion target.

Documentation states that the smallest line is good for calibration to 0.9 microns and largest is 10.8 microns. However, the certification papers all have actual thicknesses much lower than that. The two that I am not selling have certified line widths down to 0.7 and 0.73 microns; one of the two that I am selling has the papers certified to 0.83 microns. The second is missing the actual papers - but NIST keeps data for just about everything and you can likely contact them for the original certification numbers. In the standard reference book for these, it is mentioned that all certification documentation is recorded per serial number for archive records.

Just replaced the original foam in the storage boxes, so no worries about nasty crumbling foam.

Price is $200 each shipped to the lower 48 states. Id be willing to ship elsewhere but the price will likely be $200 plus shipping. First come, first served for the the one with the original papers.

I photoshopped out the serial numbers for confidentiality / and to prevent future fakes.
high res test target 1.jpg
high-res-test-target-2.jpg
high-res-test-target-3.jpg
high-res-test-target-4.jpg
This was taken via brightfield illumination and a 10x Nikon MM objective. Was cropped roughly at 50% to show the target better
high-rest-test-target-5.jpg

houstontx

Re: FS - High Resolution Test Targets

Post by houstontx »

Hi there just sent a pm, requesting purchase of target with papers if still available

Thanks!

J_Rogers

Post by J_Rogers »

Just sold the one with original papers.

Still have one more for sale.

J_Rogers

Post by J_Rogers »

Forgot I still had one more to get rid of. Someone get this to a new home! Where else are you going to find a sub micron test target for less than a grand?

Price update: $150 Shipped within the lower 48 states.

Will entertain international shipments with the buyer paying shipping fees.

Gearhead

Post by Gearhead »

Do you still have a test target for sale? If so I will purchase it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic