Wild Heerbrugg M8 Microscope Brochure

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

atariwarrior

Wild Heerbrugg M8 Microscope Brochure

Post by atariwarrior »

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a PDF file of the original brochure for the Wild Heerbrugg M8 microscope?
I'm looking for a listing of some the accessories and photos of the original configurations that were available for this microscope when it was still being made.

Thanks!

Rorschach

Re: Wild Heerbrugg M8 Microscope Brochure

Post by Rorschach »

Hi,

I have both a brochure and an older user manual as pdf. Where can I send them?

Riku

atariwarrior

Post by atariwarrior »

Hello Riku,

Sorry for the late reply. I've haven't been online here lately.

Are the PDFs small enough to post here as a reply?

Thanks.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Hi,

They are big, many megabytes so probably no chance of that.

I do think this site should have a library of scanned brochures, user manuals and repair manuals. It would benefit the community. Apparently Leica has been unkind to this type of activity but others have had a better attitude.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

We can't host this kind of copyright protected stuff.

I would suggest to put the pdf in a remote folder (dropbox, google docs...etc) and share the link privately.
Pau

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Pau wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:25 am

I would suggest to put the pdf in a remote folder (dropbox, google docs...etc) and share the link privately.
I understand this to a degree. Yet, there are many pages like Alan Wood's Olympus page with a huge number of these documents freely available. It is unclear to me if there is an 'embargo' on the copyright of decades old manuals etc., and if yes, how many decades it is.

Lots of people over on Ebay and elsewhere are selling these scanned copies (often at a pretty high cost), stating that the cost is due to the scanning work. This activity is much more in the grey area, I think, than offering these old papers free of charge.

The ones in question here, I can put in Dropbox no problem. I will give the link through a private message.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Rorschach wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:24 am
Pau wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:25 am

I understand this to a degree. Yet, there are many pages like Alan Wood's Olympus page with a huge number of these documents freely available. It is unclear to me if there is an 'embargo' on the copyright of decades old manuals etc., and if yes, how many decades it is.

Lots of people over on Ebay and elsewhere are selling these scanned copies (often at a pretty high cost), stating that the cost is due to the scanning work. This activity is much more in the grey area, I think, than offering these old papers free of charge.

The ones in question here, I can put in Dropbox no problem. I will give the link through a private message.
And I agree with you to some degree :D
I have many microscope documents in pdf (most of them downloaded) and also I have shared some of them with other people, see for example viewtopic.php?p=173996#p173996
I love the free information, even more if the makers do not support the old discontinued models we use.
I'm almost sure that Alan has gotten permission from Olympus, and microscope makers usually don't care about this behavior.
Anyway, strict care about copyright is our forum policy
Pau

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic