WTB: "broken" X-Rite Colourchecker (edit: found one)

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Beatsy

WTB: "broken" X-Rite Colourchecker (edit: found one)

Post by Beatsy »

Does anyone have an X-Rite Colourchecker (any model) that is knocked about, maybe grubby and past it's best such that you're ready to replace it? I'd like to buy your old one(s). A good Colourchecker that you don't use much and are willing to part with fairly cheaply would be good as a second preference. I specced X-Rite because I know it matches what I use already, but other brands are probably OK. I just don't *know* that because I don't have other brands to compare with.

All I want them for is to carve tiny chips of paint from the colour sample squares to construct micro and macro colour checkers of my own (1mm, 5mm and 10mm wide grids to start). All will be used for EPI illumination, not transmitted.

I could probably dig small chips out of my existing ColorChecker Passport without compromising it's accuracy (colour-profile creation software doesn't use the edges of the coloured squares as far as I can tell). But I could mess it up and replacement is pretty expensive, so thought I'd check if anyone has any already messed-up ones going spare before I start bodging.

A UK source is preferable to avoid customs complications or costs, but happy to consider offers from anywhere. Multiple offers are also welcome - more leeway for oopsies if I get more than one. I'll pay postage and packing too, of course.

I'll leave this up for a week or two, but if there's nothing about, I'll just get on with it and pay the price for a "good" second hand one instead (they don't depreciate quite as much as you'd think).

Cheers

Edit: I got a nice big "Macbeth ColourChecker - Colour Rendition Chart" via PM contact. Enough material for loads of attempts so I'm good for now. No more needed. Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic