Many Mitutoyos for sale

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Sulafat

Many Mitutoyos for sale

Post by Sulafat »

Hello,

This may be old news for many of you. My apology. However, I just received a Mitutoyo M Plan APO 5x I purchased from Lightglass Optics. They have a large stock of them for $420 plus shipping & tax. The description on their website is ambiguous and implies that their stock is a mix of new and not so new objectives, "Almost all of these we have in stock are still NEW and sealed in their factory Mitutoyo box...." Regardless, the one they shipped me looked pristine and performs wonderfully. Lightglass Optics appears to be a reputable business and their price is competitive compared to other used objectives I've seen offered on the web by less credentialed sellers.

I just thought I'd share my experience with other folk looking for a reasonably priced Miti. I don't have any affiliation with Lightglass Optics other than being a customer; and always remember, buyer beware. I hope I haven't violated any forum standards with this testimonial. Thanks.

http://www.lightglassoptics.com/Mitutoy ... p_789.html
Flickr page: https://flic.kr/ps/3eJvz5

I'm an amateur photographer in the gentle persuit of modest competency.

Macro_Cosmos

Re: Many Mitutoyos for sale

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

$420 isn't that cheap for used, one can get a copy for $250 if they are willing to hunt and/or wait. For new, that's a great deal.
That said, I'm sure Lightglass is happy to let us select, ie choose the newer version and a completed product with the box, original lens canister, and papers.
Mitutoyo part number 378-802-X (X=-2 through -6). Almost all of these we have in stock are still NEW and sealed in their factory Mitutoyo box....
Ask for "-6", that's the newest version and chances are they've seen less shelf life.

I've bought some items from lightglass, good experience. They once attached the wrong invoice to my order of several small metal parts and... basically doxed their customer (the people handling my stuff actually sent me that information... common sense where!) purchasing some whatever item that weighed over 100kg. Funny thing is, the forwarder somehow thought there's no problem, they put in 100kg and a value of $20k for 5 metal parts. Unbelievable, until I had an item with dimensions of 10x10x95 trillion centimetres (probably put in tracking number as height). Wonder what'll be next to top that.

Sulafat

Re: Many Mitutoyos for sale

Post by Sulafat »

Macro-Cosmos, thanks for the good gouge. Lightglass sent me the "-6" version. If it's used, I can't tell. It's a real pretty objective and performs nicely. Regardless, I guess I'm hesitant to buy from the lowest bidder and would prefer to pay a little more with a known reputable seller. Lightglass has a 10-day money back return policy. Not the most generous policy, but at least there is recourse if they send something not to satisfaction. Thanks again.
Flickr page: https://flic.kr/ps/3eJvz5

I'm an amateur photographer in the gentle persuit of modest competency.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic