SOLD OUT - Mitutoyo M Plan APO 5x (unused)

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MiB

SOLD OUT - Mitutoyo M Plan APO 5x (unused)

Post by MiB »

Hello, I do not know if it is ok to post such things here, but I guess it is an occasion. Someone is selling UNUSED 5x Mitutoyo M Plan APO objektives from an insolvency or a close out on willhaben an Austrian platform for second hand items-> https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und ... 452521678/
I bought mine for €300.- (price on the website is 500.- Euro)
I believe it is really cheap and the seller told me he has 10 of them.
Besides: I´m not affiliated in any way with the seller or someone who personally knows the seller. Just bought one and thought it might be of some interrest to someone here.

To fullfill the rules of this forum I could buy the objective for 300.- and resell it for 300.- plus shipping costs.
In case it would still be against the rules here, I´m sorry - please delete the post.
Last edited by MiB on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
To collage tens of thousands of photos to create a more holistic view is my passion :)

Chris S.
Site Admin

Re: Mitutoyo M Plan APO 5x (unused)

Post by Chris S. »

I don't see any rules violations, here.

--Chris S.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

It's very kind of you to share that with us!

MNBoldone

Post by MNBoldone »

Yes, Thank You. I think it may be time to start building a system with infinity objectives.

As someone who has rarely ordered internationally, could someone tell me if I should be concerned about having one of these shipped to the USA. Will I likely encounter significant import fees or other surprises? Is this a lens (due to its fragility) should not be ordered internationally?

Brad
Brad B.

JKT

Post by JKT »

If you can get it for that price, I'd be interested to take one. Not that 500 would be too high, but with Mitutoyos there is always a risk.

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

I agree with Lou. Thanks, MiB, for alerting us to your find! :D

Also, rest assured that when one makes a post that is obviously intended for the benefit of other forum members, the admin team is not looking for opportunities to find fault.

Brad, for buyers in the U.S., import fees on a 300 Euro, Japanese-made lens from Europe should be little or nothing.

And yes, Mitutoyo objectives are fragile and require careful packing to avoid catastrophic ruin. But this is true whether the lens is shipped 100 miles or 10,000, and my experience doesn't suggest that international shipping is more perilous than domestic shipping.

When purchasing a Mitutoyo objective that is not factory fresh, I strongly advise buying only with a return privilege and the ability to test. Even though these particular objectives are advertised as new, buyers don’t know their provenance. So I would suggest treating them as second-hand objectives, and relying on a test.

--Chris S.

MNBoldone

Post by MNBoldone »

Thanks Chris,

The information is very much appreciated, as always. I had actually tried to purchase one of the objectives, but couldn't figure out how to complete the transaction (IBAN bank transfer?). I will take that as a sign that I should wait.

All interested,

The seller indicated he had six and he also offered me the 300 euro price.
Brad B.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

300 euros is decent, that's around $360, for all new with the box, that's on the very very low end. Used ones with questionable optical quality are usually $250-$400. I've seen lower and higher ones, but in general you're guaranteed to find one within that price range at most given times.

Now with shipping, DHL premium package, that's a whopping 70 euros. Else it's probably 20 and it might take up to 2 months to arrive. I bit the bullet with a purchase from Germany because my previous shipment took almost 2 months. So with that, $450, which still isn't too bad. States like California has 7% import duties, making it borderline $500, still cheaper than the usual $720-$750 distributor prices.

The objective shown here is a recent version. You can see it from the barrel and the part number, which is suffixed with "-6".

Good deal.

dickb

Post by dickb »

If your offer is still valid, I would like one of those well please.

JKT

Post by JKT »

I suppose not. They seem to have sold out.

MiB

Post by MiB »

Hello,

Yes, I just found out they all sold out during the last few hours. I wanted to buy one for a friend who contacted me, so I contacted the seller and he told me all are sold out. This was really fast just posted it about 12 hours ago on a facebook group and here.
Sorry for those who did not get one.
The seller would contact me if he would get in such or other magnification lenses again, but nrmally he is in furniture trading.
Sorry that contacting the trader obviously was not that easy. I have had my conversations with him via willhaben.at. It was easy for me because I bought a lot of things via this platform.

Best, Michael
To collage tens of thousands of photos to create a more holistic view is my passion :)

MiB

Post by MiB »

Chris S. wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:09 pm
I don't see any rules violations, here.

--Chris S.
Thanks for your prompt reply Chris. Good to know for future findings like this.
Unfortunately they got sold extremely quick.
Best,m.

MiB

Post by MiB »

Macro_Cosmos wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:57 am
300 euros is decent, that's around $360, for all new with the box, that's on the very very low end. Used ones with questionable optical quality are usually $250-$400. I've seen lower and higher ones, but in general you're guaranteed to find one within that price range at most given times.

Now with shipping, DHL premium package, that's a whopping 70 euros. Else it's probably 20 and it might take up to 2 months to arrive. I bit the bullet with a purchase from Germany because my previous shipment took almost 2 months. So with that, $450, which still isn't too bad. States like California has 7% import duties, making it borderline $500, still cheaper than the usual $720-$750 distributor prices.

The objective shown here is a recent version. You can see it from the barrel and the part number, which is suffixed with "-6".

Good deal.
Thanks for alle the info, Macro Cosmos. Did not know it is a recent version, but good to know.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

MiB wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:58 am
Thanks for alle the info, Macro Cosmos. Did not know it is a recent version, but good to know.
Well, I wasn't being concise enough.
By recent, I meant "the newest version".

RobertOToole

Re: SOLD OUT - Mitutoyo M Plan APO 5x (unused)

Post by RobertOToole »

Alternate seller.

Just a heads up, FYI, there is a seller in the US that has maybe 25 or so new-old-stock 5x M Plan Mitutoyos in-the-box units for something like $420 USD. Message me for a link. I've sent a couple people there and they had an okay experience.

They are -2 series.

Best,

Robert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic