Insert for the Olympus phase condenser

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Saul

Insert for the Olympus phase condenser

Post by Saul »

Looking for the person (in US) who is willing to test DF/Pol/Rheinberg/Oblique insert set for Olympus phase condenser (condenser is not included).
I suspect it is for Olympus BH2-PC (do not own this condenser , one person ordered it, but never got response from him)
Please check the attached drawing (may fit other condensers also)
Filters are 27mm

Volunteer keeps the item

_DSC5552-web633x950U100.jpg
OlyPh27Sunlu 2-web696x950U100.jpg
Olympus PH.jpg
Saul
μ-stuff

PeteM

Re: Insert for the Olympus phase condenser

Post by PeteM »

Hi Saul - I have that condenser and would by happy to give it a try. PM me if you don't already have one on offer. A few of our "Micronauts" might find this of interest as well. FWIW, the ID from under the condenser measures around 34.08mm. The plastic spring tabs will need to reach out a bit (or the insert wrapped in a bit of tape or heat shrink tube) to stay in place. The 11.5mm depth in your sketch looks good. Were it 11.6mm it would start interfering with the iris ring.

Saul

Post by Saul »

Thanks Pete !
PM me your shipping address.
I’m using foam friction pads instead springs, they perform very well.
Best,
Saul
Saul
μ-stuff

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

I have the U-PCD condenser, which is just a BH2 reskin with phase contrast annuli suitable for UIS. I'll give it a go if there's more slots.

I do have another interesting project/proposal. Olympus' U-UCDB and U-UCD8 condensers allow a slider inserted into the polariser slider.
tint.jpg
The approximate dimensions were sent to me from a friend. Do you think it would be feasible/possible to make a slider for Rheinberg/tint plates? I plan on using... cardboard haha. I should have your email, I'll send more info.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic