Mitutoyo Plan Apo 7.5x *SOLD*

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

adamski

Mitutoyo Plan Apo 7.5x *SOLD*

Post by adamski »

*SOLD*

Hi guys,

For sale my 7.5x Mitutoyo, condition is perfect no scratches or issues, but there are small dust particles on the front glass + small finger print which is very faint. I just don't feel like cleaning it as worry to scratch it :oops:
The price is 800£ (I am in UK) a little steep but you are still getting good discount compering to brand new one. Free postage to UK and around 10£ extra to EU. Get in touch if you want some extra photos or maybe even video of this piece.

Here are the photos:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... RJUmZaNWRn
Last edited by adamski on Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

adamski

Re: Mitutoyo Plan Apo 7.5x For Sale

Post by adamski »

Price Reduction to 700£

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

I don't know Adamski personally, but will comment on this offer.

The several Mitutoyo 7.5x objectives I've tested, and the one I own, have all been exquisite. I get the impression that Mitutoyo assigns the building of these objectives to one of its best builders, and that this builder has particularly high standards (note that this objective is more expensive than its position in the Mitutoyo line might imply). Each of the Mitutoyo 7.5x objectives I've tested has been special, delivering quality notably better than should be expected from an objective positioned halfway between a Mitty 5x and a 10x.

The 7.5x Mitutoyo objective is uncommon on the second-hand market. I waited a long time to find mine. So Adamski's offering is uncommon. Also, his price of 700 Euros ($825 USD) is a significant discount to the retail price of $1400 USD. So if Adamski's lens performs on par with other's I've tested, it could be a real opportunity for somebody.

Of course, Mitutoyo objectives are known for their propensity to get knocked permanently out of optical usefulness by being bumped--something that can be unapparent from visual inspection of the lens. So--with absolutely no criticism toward Adamski--I'd recommend the purchase of this lens only with the ability to perform a careful test, and given a post-test return privilege.

If anyone is interested in purchasing this lens, and if Adamski is comfortable offering a return privilege, any interested buyer is welcome to PM me to arrange a test. If Adamski's 7.5x lens tests well against mine, this could be a real opportunity to obtain a wonderful lens at a bargain price.

--Chris S.

adamski

Post by adamski »

Thank you for a nice post Chris.

I have sold couple of items to members of this forum already and had good feedback. I tried to give best description I could, to be honest I am 95% sure that I got this objective new, there was absolutely no signs on dust, or any signs of usage when I opened the case first time. I used this objective couple of times on my microscope frame but went for 5x instead as it gives me better DOF for videos.

I would be very happy to send this objective to you Chris for a check up or I could record a 4k Video to show quality of the picture for anyone who is interested.

Just wanted to clarify, the price is 700 British Pounds, not sure what that would be exactly in Euros or Dollars, maybe wait for pound to drop ;)

Thanks, Adam

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

adamski wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:10 am
Just wanted to clarify, the price is 700 British Pounds, not sure what that would be exactly in Euros or Dollars, maybe wait for pound to drop ;)
Oops--time for me to get computer glasses. So in pounds it's about $907 USD. Still a nice price on a lens that seldom appears from solid second-hand sources.

--Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic