Zeiss Axiomat for sale

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Stenberg

Zeiss Axiomat for sale

Post by Stenberg »

I'm selling a Zeiss Axiomat. The was an engineering marvel of the 1980s, way ahead of its time. Fewer than 600 or so ever made. Original cost was around $100,000.
This includes the base module, the camera module, observation module, the objective module, and the video baseplate (used as a stage here). Also includes the illumination module on the back. Included also is the 6-hole turret, One 10x plan objective, all polarizing sliders and lambda plates, filter holder slider and field diaphragm slider. Ground glass for the camera module is not shown in the photo, but it is included. One binocular and two oculars. Also PDFs of the manuals are included.

It does not include an illuminator; the photo shows me using a desk lamp to test the image (which appears fine).

This is shown in the inverted configuration, but being modular, can be flipped over for upright viewing. There is a port on the side to add a second binocular (nor supplied); perfect for date-night paramecium viewing!

These don't come up very often. A good chance to pick one up. I would keep it, but I'm moving soon, and I already have another one. Can't move two.

Price $3000 plus shipping. PM me if interested, or if any questions.
(May seem expensive, but I've put a lot more into this than that. I doubt if you could put an Axiomat together for much less than this). Great opportunity!Image
William

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic