WTB : Mitutoyo Mplan Apo X20 .42

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

emmanuel69

WTB : Mitutoyo Mplan Apo X20 .42

Post by emmanuel69 »

Hi,

I'm looking for a Mplan 20X preferably from UE but all offers will be studied

Thx
Emmanuel

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

I have one, fairly priced I believe. I've sent you a PM.

tomek770101

Post by tomek770101 »

you have to watch out for sellers from china, they often offer fakes.

I bought a Nikon ELWD 20x ,working distance: 19mm, it's great, as good as mitutoyo20x

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

tomek770101 wrote:you have to watch out for sellers from china, they often offer fakes.
Tomek, do you have evidence of this? I've tested a lot of Mitutoyo objectives, including some from China, and never have I seen a fake. I have seen real Mitutoyo objectives that performed badly--apparently due to rough handling that jarred some elements out of alignment. And I've seen similar-looking objectives that were not labeled Mitutoyo (or given any name label at all), and the particular specimens I had in hand tested horribly. But as for fake Mitutoyo objectives, I'm not aware of any instance in which a forum member had direct contact with such a thing, so I suspect they are a myth.
I bought a Nikon ELWD 20x ,working distance: 19mm, it's great, as good as mitutoyo20x
My Nikon finite MPlan ELWD 20x/0.40 has 10.1mm working distance. Wonder why the almost 9 mm difference between our lenses' WD? Could yours be the SLWD?

--Chris S.

tomek770101

Post by tomek770101 »

I had a few mitutoyo lenses that showed signs of disasembled and unfortunately had poor quality. I do not know why they were disassembled, but after reassembly the lens does not have such quality.

when it comes to lens 20x WD19 I mean lenses from the new TU series. is a lens for infinity. They are really good, but all here on the forum LOVE mitiutoyo in combination with raynox or sigma ;-)

mitutuoyo has a long parfocal of 95mm and a nikon ONLY 60mm, so 19mm compared to 20 is a record despite a lower N.A. by 0.02.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

tomek770101 wrote:I had a few mitutoyo lenses that showed signs of disasembled and unfortunately had poor quality. I do not know why they were disassembled, but after reassembly the lens does not have such quality.
Some Chinese sellers are known to disassemble lenses for repair. They even fuse 2 junk lenses into one.

ALWAYS buy ones that allow return, even if one must buy from taobao listing thieves on ebay, despite warnings from Robert and myself, and several others.

Chris S. wrote:
tomek770101 wrote:you have to watch out for sellers from china, they often offer fakes.
Tomek, do you have evidence of this? I've tested a lot of Mitutoyo objectives, including some from China, and never have I seen a fake. I have seen real Mitutoyo objectives that performed badly--apparently due to rough handling that jarred some elements out of alignment. And I've seen similar-looking objectives that were not labeled Mitutoyo (or given any name label at all), and the particular specimens I had in hand tested horribly. But as for fake Mitutoyo objectives, I'm not aware of any instance in which a forum member had direct contact with such a thing, so I suspect they are a myth.

--Chris S.
I've seen some being passed off as Mitutoyo (lying seller) and handled one.

It's an "M Plan Apo L", the seller called it a mitutoyo and the person who bought it got royally screwed, since he paid the expected used price of about $400. The photos were smart too, conveniently covered the letter "L".

That said, indeed it was not labelled Mitutoyo, it lacked any labelling. The buyer got baited, listing description changed before he placed the order (removed the claim it's mitutoyo), so it was thus "his fault".

All of these come out of a factory in Nanjing. I'd call them fake regardless, it's labelled Apo when it's clearly not.

There's a myriad of fake Mitutoyo calipers out there. If the second hand seller can't show a proper invoice that matches up with the serial number, chances are it's fake. Low end calipers are pretty easy to forge. People can't measure the precision without proper gauge blocks. Lenses, not so much. I've heard about fake Mit Mplans but yet to see one myself too. I'll believe it when I see it.

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

Chris S. wrote:
tomek770101 wrote:I bought a Nikon ELWD 20x ,working distance: 19mm, it's great, as good as mitutoyo20x
My Nikon finite MPlan ELWD 20x/0.40 has 10.1mm working distance. Wonder why the almost 9 mm difference between our lenses' WD? Could yours be the SLWD?
Another possibility is that it is an ELWD, but used with a tube length of 160 mm (or somewhat less) instead of the nominal 210 mm. In this case, 19 mm WD sounds about right. Magnification will be less than 20x, of course.

Albeit, I would not say it is as good as my Mitutoyo M Plan Apo 20x.
--ES

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

Likely the 30ish years of optical advancements (including their apparently-impressive fresnel tech) and an increase in parfocal length from the finite lenses are relevant differences.
Nikon makes great objectives but the high end ones (outside that one 20x of course) seem to be very expensive. Coverage might also not be as exceptionally wide as a mitutoyo.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

emmanuel69

Post by emmanuel69 »

Thanks all for your advices and offers, I found the lens I want.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic