Photomicroscopic XYZ stage for sale **SOLD**

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

BD.H

Photomicroscopic XYZ stage for sale **SOLD**

Post by BD.H »

Hi! I am BD from Belgium. A few years ago I was able to buy a used photomicroscope (Bioforce) with the intention of gaining in-depth photomicroscopy knowledge. Unfortunately, I do not have enough free time to finish this project further. So: is there any interest is this XYZ stage?
M Plan APO 20x objective. Zoom range 100-700x magnification. Zoom and positioning through high-resolution stepper motors. Fine positioning by lineare nano motor drive X / Y from Nanomotion. Resolution XY 20nm! Resolution Z 100nm.
Range XYZ 50 mm. LED-lighting TTL.
With digital camera, however, far better results with DSLR.
Ideal setup as the basis for photo stacking. Weight 17,5 kg.
Controllers and drivers soft- and hardware on PC available. Preferably shipping within Europe.

**SOLD**
Last edited by BD.H on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Wow, that's an impressive machine with amazing specs!

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

A beauty indeed. Could you write some more about it? Im not gonna buy it, but it looks very impressive and might have some neat tricks we could copy.

BD.H

Post by BD.H »

JohnyM wrote:A beauty indeed. Could you write some more about it? Im not gonna buy it, but it looks very impressive and might have some neat tricks we could copy.
Well, everything is designed to avoid as many vibrations as possible. The steppermotors are 5-wire resulting in smaller steps and smoother (not jerky) running. The ultrasonic motors are really amazing, no moving parts and very, very fine resolution. Also, the lens can be tilted a few degrees in any direction for flat objects.
For the Z-axis there is a coarse movement (spindle) and fine movement (stepper).
Also, there is a "home" button where the stage moves down and to the front for easy access. You could then "return" the stage to the exact same position.

BD.H

Post by BD.H »

No interest whatsoever? Too complicated or too expensive? I would be happy to answer your questions.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I think, from what I can tell, it has a lot of desirable features and would suit very well, a proportion of workers in the field for whom a sophisticated working tool would be highly desirable.

The proportion might be quite small though, so I'd expect it to be a "slow mover". :)
Chris R

BD.H

Post by BD.H »

I have reduced the asking price to 1500 euro.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic