Earlier StackShot shutter cables

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

tatler56

Post by tatler56 »

Hi there, I'm after one of these earlier Stackshot shutter cables for Nikon. Does anyone have one spare to sell? I'm in the UK!

pierre

Post by pierre »

Searching the same for Olympus ;)
Regards

Pierre

iconoclastica

Post by iconoclastica »

These are easy cables to make yourself. The connector at the stackshot side is a tulip-connector that is often used for audio installations and therefor easily obtainable. The other end is specific for your camera brand and type. Buy a cheap remote control for your camera, cut off the connector with some length of cable and solder it to the tulip connector.

There may be more than 2 wires in the remote cable; find out which pair you need by shorting them in all combinations. There is no plus and minus polarity.
--- felix filicis ---

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

I believe a diode of some sort is actually required as well, ask stackshot customer support, they are speedy and responsive, they also provide schematics and part numbers, something the crazed world of anti-consumer electronics companies never do.

Collect the components, solder one together, and heatshrink the cable. Or just buy a 3x controller and use standard 3.5mm cables. That controller is also incredibly powerful.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Nikon uses a pair of leads that must be isolated and shorted to ground in sequence to reliably trigger the camera. I've built these interfaces into my own controllers to allow strobe triggering while the camera is in fully electronic shutter modes.

Stackshot has a single RCA type contact on the controller box in have (2010~2011), so you must configure a cable with an schottky diode between contact leads to provide the delay sequence for the Nikon camera trigger. The delay sequence occurs because one of the leads is following behind the other by the diode drop on the falling edge of the trigger pulse. Any small signal schottky diode should work.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

pierre

Post by pierre »

Noted.

Thank you guys.
Regards

Pierre

geriatrix

Re: Earlier StackShot shutter cables

Post by geriatrix »

tatler56 wrote:Hi there, I'm after one of these earlier Stackshot shutter cables for Nikon. Does anyone have one spare to sell? I'm in the UK!
i’m pretty sure that i have one. i moved from Nikon to m2/3. hopefully i can find it later today and i’ll post accordingly

Steve

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic