SOLD : Canon Macrophoto 35mm f/3.5

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

DrLazer

SOLD : Canon Macrophoto 35mm f/3.5

Post by DrLazer »

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I sort of lost interest in macro for no reason whatsoever. I can't really explain it. I was ill with bells palsy
(see my recovering with it here)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpIjB5TmMx4

And the flashes screwed up my eyes because I couldn't blink. After I got better I just never found that same excitement I used to when I chased grasshoppers around the garden.

I started doing this kind of thing now though
https://www.flickr.com/photos/drlazer/11993186754/
Which I am finding fascinating.

So I have decided to sell the best lens I ever got hold of for macro. I've pretty much tried all well known lenses, and this was my go to. In my opinion, better than the MPE-65 and rendering more pleasing images than the JML. I'm sure you're all going to flame me for that. :D

Anyway it's one of these
It is in pristine condition and come with the plastic screw case and a M45->(cant even remember the name of the screw thread size ... Royal Microscope Thread??? ... Universal, can't remember - but the one that most microscopes are)

I used it to produce my fave ever macro of mine
https://www.flickr.com/photos/drlazer/6878999598/

I would much sooner it go to one of you guys rather than somebody random on ebay.

Please PM me or email me at crgtlr@gmail.com with a sensible offer and it is yours.
Last edited by DrLazer on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jazzper

Post by jazzper »

Hi Craig

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about your condition, but at the same time glad to see that you have recovered so well and that you ultimately will be completely cured.

This of course explains why you haven't had time to admin the Studio stack group on flickr but I do hope that you'll take up that again as well as shooting macro :) However your new star shots look great too!

Now regarding the lens in question here, the picture shows a 35mm (I know this because the picture and the lens is mine :) ), but your excellent bumble bee is shot with the 20mm version, so maybe you should clarify which lens you are selling (I'm sure you mean the 20mm, but just to be certain!).

All the best to you
Jesper
Jesper - Flickr

DrLazer

Post by DrLazer »

It's the 35mm. It's been so long I don't even know what I own anymore :s

Johan is going to take over the group. I've just been mailing him about it

s58y

Post by s58y »

Nice M33 image.

It looks like you are off to a great start with astroimaging -- your first few pics are an order of magnitude better than mine were.

Glad to hear you've recovered from your ailment.

jazzper

Post by jazzper »

DrLazer wrote:It's the 35mm. It's been so long I don't even know what I own anymore :s
Haha.. I know the feeling!
DrLazer wrote:Johan is going to take over the group. I've just been mailing him about it
Good to hear - it'll be in good hands :)
Jesper - Flickr

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Nice lens...... :-k

Keep us updated regarding availability status.

[Admin note: Thread has been moved from original location]
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

DrLazer

Post by DrLazer »

Thanks for everyone's interest.
CactusDave bought it. I'm sure he will enjoy it.

I'm also selling an Edmund Optics 10x Microscope objective
and
a differential micrometer.

I will probably start separate threads for them. But any early interest ... do let me know.

johan

Post by johan »

Slight aside and update regarding this -
DrLazer wrote:Johan is going to take over the group. I've just been mailing him about it
I've been set as a moderator now and caught up on the about 1000 images that had been sitting in the approval queue for this group since about 9? months ago. There's some fabulous work there! - see http://www.flickr.com/groups/insects-studio-stacks/pool/
Last edited by johan on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

jazzper

Post by jazzper »

Good to hear Johan, thanks :)
Jesper - Flickr

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic