Wanted: 45mm to 52mm adapter

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

emsiem

Wanted: 45mm to 52mm adapter

Post by emsiem »

I'm in search for 45mm (female) to 52mm (male) adapter. Like filter adapter for camera objectives.
Couldn't find one on ebay so for now I'm using combination of two:
www.ebay.com/itm/301011159296 (40.5 - 45)
www.ebay.com/itm/221131383000 (52 - 40.5)

Problem is two of them together are too thick (I'm using this to couple Orthomat lens to Nikon objective).

If somebody have a spare to sell or maybe able to make one, please PM.
Nenad

jazzper

Re: Wanted: 45mm to 52mm adapter

Post by jazzper »

emsiem wrote:I'm using this to couple Orthomat lens to Nikon objective)
Assuming you mean the Otamat lens, you don't need a tube lens, just extension tubes or a bellows, which might make it more adaptable.
Jesper - Flickr

emsiem

Re: Wanted: 45mm to 52mm adapter

Post by emsiem »

jazzper wrote:
emsiem wrote:I'm using this to couple Orthomat lens to Nikon objective)
Assuming you mean the Otamat lens, you don't need a tube lens, just extension tubes or a bellows, which might make it more adaptable.
No, it is Orthomat. Leitz Vario-Orthomat to be exact. Like this one: www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8423

Can't be used without intermediate lens to focus image on the camera sensor. It is just that 45mm thread of Orthomat "photo eyepiece" is not so common so I expect to have hard time finding one.

It was my mistake not to clarify it is about microscope to camera coupling optics, not standard objectives.

Thank you for comment and advice in any case.
Nenad

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

Not quite sure how you want to use this lens, but a couple of pieces of information that might be useful.
First I think you are talking about the Leitz X0.32 reduction lens from the Orthomat camera system.
If you want to mount it onto a Leitz VarioOrthomat zoom eyepiece, the thread at the top of the eyepiece is M45 1mm pitch. This does not exactly match the Raf camera adapter which is M45 0.75mm pitch, but that might work, no guarantees though. I got an M45 to M42 adapter machined to order by SRB-Griturn in the UK http://srb-photographic.co.uk/ . They would make you the exact M45 -52mm adapter you want, price -- my guess is around 30-40 Euros.
As an extra bit of information, I have found that the X0.32 lens mounts neatly between two empty sections of M42 Pentax threaded extension tube. which is very useful in adjusting it's height above the eyepiece, or mounting it into other setups.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

jazzper

Post by jazzper »

Hi again

Sorry for my ignorance in my first reply. I didn't know the Orthomat lens :oops:

Anyway, let me make it up to you by providing this link:
http://www.camera-filters.com/index.php ... o=&x=0&y=0

I have bought a number of rings from them, and apparently you can custom order a ring to your own specifications :)

Good luck!
Jesper - Flickr

emsiem

Post by emsiem »

Thanks John. Yes, I found that one and was considering, but I would have sam problem of having to use another to get from m42 to m52. So I bought Chinese cheap ones for 3,52 $ both. They are OK, but too thick together.
Nenad

emsiem

Post by emsiem »

Cactusdave wrote:Not quite sure how you want to use this lens, but a couple of pieces of information that might be useful.
First I think you are talking about the Leitz X0.32 reduction lens from the Orthomat camera system.
If you want to mount it onto a Leitz VarioOrthomat zoom eyepiece, the thread at the top of the eyepiece is M45 1mm pitch. This does not exactly match the Raf camera adapter which is M45 0.75mm pitch, but that might work, no guarantees though. I got an M45 to M42 adapter machined to order by SRB-Griturn in the UK http://srb-photographic.co.uk/ . They would make you the exact M45 -52mm adapter you want, price -- my guess is around 30-40 Euros.
As an extra bit of information, I have found that the X0.32 lens mounts neatly between two empty sections of M42 Pentax threaded extension tube. which is very useful in adjusting it's height above the eyepiece, or mounting it into other setups.
Here are quick shots of setup.

This setup works good and I know it would be just right if I could put Nikkor 35mm (intermediate lens) closer to output of Orthomat zoom photo eyepiece. It is 100% parfocal when I just lay it down on each other (glass not touching). No vignetting and zooming does not change parfocality.
I have 0.32x reduction lens and could try your idea. Sounds plausible. Thanks!
Nenad

emsiem

Post by emsiem »

jazzper wrote:Hi again

Sorry for my ignorance in my first reply. I didn't know the Orthomat lens :oops:

Anyway, let me make it up to you by providing this link:
http://www.camera-filters.com/index.php ... o=&x=0&y=0

I have bought a number of rings from them, and apparently you can custom order a ring to your own specifications :)

Good luck!
That sound very good. 10$ is good price for custom adapter. Just have to check how much is shipping, but I think this is solution.

Thank you very much!
Nenad

emsiem

Post by emsiem »

Well, got happy too soon...

I ordered custom one (site said I need to specify size and thread) and got this answer:
"Dear Nenad,

Thank you for the recent order. Unfortunately, we do not have the size adapter ring which you requested. A complete inventory of the sizes we carry can be found on our website. We cancelled your order and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Kimberly
www.CameraFilters.com
www.CameraGear.com"

Still in need for one, so if anyone have and willing to sell, PM.
Nenad

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

This guy, Sam, in Spain, might be willing to take on a custom build.

Just a pointer item for you to make contact via Ebay Messaging.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/M58-photo-ring-a ... 37a&_uhb=1

John

emsiem

Post by emsiem »

dolmadis wrote:This guy, Sam, in Spain, might be willing to take on a custom build.

Just a pointer item for you to make contact via Ebay Messaging.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/M58-photo-ring-a ... 37a&_uhb=1

John
Thank you John! I'll try that if contacts I asked here in Croatia can't do it.
Nenad

Greenfields

Post by Greenfields »

This small firm near Dunstable in the UK are also happy to make custom adapters.

I have had several excellent pieces from them

http://srb-photographic.co.uk/

Henry
Feel free to edit my images.

emsiem

Post by emsiem »

Greenfields wrote:This small firm near Dunstable in the UK are also happy to make custom adapters.

I have had several excellent pieces from them

http://srb-photographic.co.uk/

Henry
Thank you Henry
I already ordered one from rafcamera.com (also eBay seller) and am waiting for it to arrive. It was custom made by my specs for 35$, free shipping and Rafael is really serviceable and fast. I will let our community here know how well its made when it arrives.
Nenad

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

emsiem wrote: This setup works good and I know it would be just right if I could put Nikkor 35mm (intermediate lens) closer to output of Orthomat zoom photo eyepiece. It is 100% parfocal when I just lay it down on each other (glass not touching). No vignetting and zooming does not change parfocality.
I have 0.32x reduction lens and could try your idea. Sounds plausible. Thanks!
I think that with your 50mm lens you already have the best combination for APSC. Take a look at:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 760#121760

The Leitz 0.32X lens isn't close to 35mm, is a 83mm lens. I don't see the need of the 35mm lens, optically the 50mm may be both simpler and better corrected, has better cover range and is less prone to give vignette.
Pau

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic