Not macro but absolutely amazing

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

missgecko

Not macro but absolutely amazing

Post by missgecko »

I just wanted to share this even though it has nothing to do with macro photography. It's a photo of a fellow 'surfing' a huge wave called The Morning Glory. I knew this cloud existed and that people had surfed it, but it's the first time I've seen a photo of it happening.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/glance/86927 ... in-the-sky

Cheers
Sam

'To see a world in a grain of sand And heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in an hour.' William Blake

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Wow! Yep, that's impressive. Huge thing, and he's a better (or dumber) man than me to get near a thing that could push him down at about 1500 feet per minute!

I assume the photos were taken from a chopper or fixed wing plane, and not another hang glider!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic