Bumble bee stack

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lauriek

Bumble bee stack

Post by lauriek »

I've been pretty busy recently, building the website, some personal stuff, and trying to rebuild/improve my stacking rig - so not much time for actual photography!

However this bee decided to die just outside my front door the other day (she came out much too early, it's damned cold here atm, loads of snow last week), so I brought her in and used her as a test subject for my recently re-assembled horizontal rig (It's not really much different to my old one, I'm attempting to build vertical rig now and had to re-use some parts!)...

Stack of 26 images shot with E330, OM auto bellows, OM50/1.8 reversed at f5.6, STF-22 twinflash.

Gérard-64

Post by Gérard-64 »

Fantastic as usual!

Simonl

Post by Simonl »

Really stunning image, love your lighting.
I wish one would drop at my door, can't wait for better weather to come.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

This is really nice, Laurie! :D

Those dark curving reflections of antennae in the bright areas of the eye make an interesting feature. They're kind of like a well designed puzzle -- not too difficult to figure out, but not immediately obvious either. And I like the way they look. They remind me of a bold "swoosh" pattern that might be part of some superhero's costume.

--Rik

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Really impressive Laurie! Oh and its pretty cold up here too-just had some more snow.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Tom Stack

Post by Tom Stack »

Laurie,

Absolutely wonderful, as always!

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Beautiful portrait. :D

And silly girl for coming out too soon!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic