Scales

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

doenoe

Scales

Post by doenoe »

I was feeding my snake and had my camera nearby (as usual)

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Nice shots well done . :)

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Quite reminiscent of the days on the old forums, when not a day or two went by without a snake or at least a lizard or two showing off some scale work. These are really nice, love the details. :D

Dread

Post by Dread »

very good framing! only we keepers know what those scenes looked like in total :) very memorable images.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Lovely head shot! Would love to see a really close up shot of just a few scales! Anyone photographed them under a microscope?
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Cyclops wrote:Lovely head shot! Would love to see a really close up shot of just a few scales! Anyone photographed them under a microscope?
You'd need a pretty large heated stage on the scope for that shot! ;) (But seriously I agree it would be an interesting exercise!)

Nice shots btw!

P_T

Post by P_T »

I'm guessing it's a mouse in the snake's mouth in the second image. I really gotta try reptiles soon, they're just as fascinating as insects/arachnids.

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Good show, there's no such thing as too many snake shots! (I've contributed more than my share here in the past).
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

doenoe

Post by doenoe »

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind comments :)
Its a rat in the snakes mouth, a mouse just doesnt cut it anymore. Im probably gonna feed her again today, so ill go in closer and make some close-ups of the scales. And while im at it, i can also try and get some macro shots of my bearded dragons. They got totally different scales then the snakes. Should be interesting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic