Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

augusthouse

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Post by augusthouse »

Well, Papilio peranthus transiens actually; but I had been watching a clip from Laputa: Castle in the Sky and the isolated butterfly scale in the center of shot seemed to catch my eye.

This was an exploration of exposure and lighting...not a focus stack ( the 'stacking software' output still has me beaten). I must not be feeding it what it likes...

Papilio peranthus transiens: Nikon M Plan ELWD 20/0.4 / 210/0 20x @ 23.7x15.5mm (D100)

Craig
Last edited by augusthouse on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

dmillard

Post by dmillard »

Very nice - I was working on Papilio paris gedensis today using the same lens! (hopefully have some images up tomorrow)

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Thanks David,

I'm still working on the stacking software output. Just attempting to become familiar with the various parameters, what the programs like to be fed (my input) and pre-stack PP and post-stack PP.

That's where I'm at with it all at the moment. I expect to be here for some time; but it's a pleasant learning curve.

I like to use the illumination to create some 'drama'.

This would be a good subject for a stack and stitch. The smaller images above are not part of a stack sequence, just lighting explorations.

.......................................................................................................

However.....Just out of curiosity I took the six images above and combined them into a stack in PhotoAcute Studio.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

P_T

Post by P_T »

I really like the backlighting, it really does make it look more dramatic, like earth about to open and lava come out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic