Flash for stacking?

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Flash for stacking?

Post by rjlittlefield »

Macro_Cosmos wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:21 pm
Many programs can equalise the variation, Lightroom has it.
One niggle: this is only true when shooting with a single flash. When multiple flash units are in play, variations in power of each unit result in changing the pattern of illumination, in addition to its overall brightness. Programs may equalize the overall brightness, but the variations in pattern remain. This is particularly obvious, for example, when one flash is illuminating the background while another one or two are doing the subject. Probably not relevant for what Oldbear67 is doing.

--Rik

Macro_Cosmos

Re: Flash for stacking?

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

rjlittlefield wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:54 pm
Macro_Cosmos wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:21 pm
Many programs can equalise the variation, Lightroom has it.
One niggle: this is only true when shooting with a single flash. When multiple flash units are in play, variations in power of each unit result in changing the pattern of illumination, in addition to its overall brightness. Programs may equalize the overall brightness, but the variations in pattern remain. This is particularly obvious, for example, when one flash is illuminating the background while another one or two are doing the subject. Probably not relevant for what Oldbear67 is doing.

--Rik
Thanks, I did not think about that at all. This must be a nightmare to "fix". I am at the point of trying to modify my lamphouse to allow a flash with LED so I was thinking strictly in terms of one unit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic