Bellows

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

robwat

Bellows

Post by robwat »

Does anyone know if you can purchase Bellows with an expansion of approx 200mm. Most of the ones that I have seen are about 100mm apart from the very expensive Novofles. Fotodiox are 110. Thanks in advance

bbobby

Re: Bellows

Post by bbobby »

I do not know where you are looking, maybe for new bellows from a store... but there are many used bellows in decent shape on eBay which will give you 200mm or close to that: Nikon PB-6 and PB-4, Olympus (OM), Canon (FD)... I have seen "new old stock" Vivitar (with M42)... and for about 10 bucks more you can buy extension tubes for M42 which can give you additional 50-60mm... or you can always hook up 2 bellows together for added length.

robwat

Post by robwat »

Thanks Bobby. I will have a look. I would prefer new if possible but thanks for the info

colohank

Post by colohank »

I wouldn't rule out a used bellows, most of which are superior to new knock-offs and available at bargain prices. I bought a previously owned PB-6 a couple of years ago at a bargain price. The outside of the original box was a bit worn, but the original interior padding and the bellows were in absolutely like-new condition. Generally, the folks who own and use them treat them gently, as they would any delicate equipment.

__K__

Post by __K__ »

Is it the total range you need? otherwise bellows could be combined with extension tubes.. not 100% optimal but should do the trick :)
Always ensure that interior of tubes do not have any reflections.

robwat

Post by robwat »

Thanks all for the info

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic