Calla Lily

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bobfriedman

Calla Lily

Post by bobfriedman »

Again. the infamous prism lens..

FujiFilm GFX100S ,Schneider Xenon-Sapphire 88mm f/3.2 prism
1/40s f/3.2 iso125 165-stack

wwheeler48

Re: Calla Lily

Post by wwheeler48 »

Beautiful image, great composition.

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

very nice :smt038

bobfriedman

Post by bobfriedman »

another with this lens, different calla

FujiFilm GFX100S ,Schneider Xenon-Sapphire 88mm f/3.2 prism
1/25s f/4 iso125 200-stack

dy5

Post by dy5 »

Both excellent. I especially like the first with its contrast between the elegant simplicity of the sweep and the complex disorderliness in the center.

Cheers, David

Sager

Post by Sager »

Maybe I missed the discussion. What's the verdict on the Xenon-Sapphires used without their designated line-scan beamsplitter prism?

From SK's documentation: the optics are different on a prism model to compensate for the prism. And the logical thought would be that performance of prism lens used without a prism would be affected.

Other manufacturers seem to design one main lens body - and then have either a prism attachment or an additional front mounted lens that compensates for the lack of prism.

For instance: The lenses that Edmunds sells with or without a prism have additional glass on the non-prism version - so it's clear they are designed to have either the supplementary glass or the prism. I think Robert has some experience testing Rodenstock prism lenses that also came with an additional lens that was required to be used on the front the lens when not used with a prism.

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

I'd say you can see a bit of glow fron spherical aberrations, and that might cause worse problems on a different subject--the effects are usually worst on highlights in microscopy. But it's clearly getting quite good results as is.

bobfriedman

Post by bobfriedman »

Scarodactyl wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:46 pm
I'd say you can see a bit of glow fron spherical aberrations, and that might cause worse problems on a different subject--the effects are usually worst on highlights in microscopy. But it's clearly getting quite good results as is.
not sure to where you are referring?... there is a shadow caused by blockage that is unavoidable and uncorrectable.

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

Really just this area where there is a broad bright zone with a sharp transition to a dark zone that the glow seems to extend into.
That could be a total misinterpretstion of what I'm seeing, it just looked sort of familiat from what I have to contend with in microscopy (though obviously not nearly so pronounced) with brighter areas smearing out a bit when they're in best focus.

Bob-O-Rama

Post by Bob-O-Rama »

That really nice in every way. You see a lot of "Note everything needs to be stacked!!!" in some of the photo forums, but in this case it really does improve things and lets you express your concept a lot better.

-- Bob

Bob-O-Rama

Post by Bob-O-Rama »

Scarodactyl wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:29 am
That could be a total misinterpretstion of what I'm seeing, it just looked sort of familiat from what I have to contend with in microscopy (though obviously not nearly so pronounced) with brighter areas smearing out a bit when they're in best focus.
That's what I was thinking, On the second one, the narrowing of the throat of the flower naturally prevents any near field obstructions, so you don't have that - its kind of a perfect subject. But with the first one you have the same problems we see with much smaller subjects - which makes sens of course.

jvanhuys

Post by jvanhuys »

Inspiring to see the Sapphire on here. I really like the picture.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic