Ivory-Marked Longhorn Beetle

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Marcepstein

Ivory-Marked Longhorn Beetle

Post by Marcepstein »

I redid this stack with a better exposure. A previous exposure had a very warm tone that didnt look natural. I am not sure why I was getting the color overcast in the other shots? This is a little better. I did run the image through a denoise app that impoved it somewhat. I am not sure about the color temperture to set the camera when using flash. I used Canon live view and manually focused the steps with a tripod setup. The image appears "crunchy" to me when I enlarge it. Please let me know if or how I can improve image quality.
Attachments
2022-10-14- retouched 2 lowres.jpg

Sym P. le

Re: Ivory-Marked Longhorn Beetle

Post by Sym P. le »

Interesting. I had copied your previous image and attempted a white balance fix but to no avail. I like your new version much better. I generally don't pay much attention to the white balance labels on cameras. I just choose the setting that appears to give the best results and take it from there. If you're shooting raw, the white balance can be adjusted in post processing at no loss to image quality.

Don't forget to use the "Place inline" button when posting attachments. That will get rid of the annoying "Attachments" frame in your post. :wink:

Marcepstein

Re: Ivory-Marked Longhorn Beetle

Post by Marcepstein »

Thanks for comment and advice on posting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic