Dipping my toes - hairy flies and a fluffy butterfly

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

chm

Dipping my toes - hairy flies and a fluffy butterfly

Post by chm »

Hello,

I'm currently dipping my toes in macro photography using "real" hardware. A few months ago I played around with a bunch of 3D printed extension tubes, adapters, a manual rail and reversed a 20€ lens from the 70's I got off ebay. I got some interesting results albeit low quality ones but it was enough to motivate me to do "more" (I can post the results if anyone's interested, but it's definitely not ground breaking) so I decided to move on to the next step.

Here are my first results in order of shooting and processing. Shot with a Canon R7 (APS-C sensor), a Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5x and a WeMacro rail.

untitled-1.jpg
f/4, ISO 200, 3x (4.8x effective), 42 pictures, 30µm step

untitled-2.jpg
f/4, ISO 100, 3.25x (5.2x effective), 198 pictures, 30µm step

untitled-6.jpg
f/4, ISO 200, 5x (8x effective), 114 pictures, 25µm step

All of these were stacked using the evaluation version of Zerene Stacker btw. The forum doesn't let me attach low compression / high-resolution pictures so some detail is lost (especially on the butterfly), but comments & critics are welcomed, I'm looking at ways to improve my results :)

MarkSturtevant

Re: Dipping my toes - hairy flies and a fluffy butterfly

Post by MarkSturtevant »

A solid start! you can get more zoom power by posting pictures as shared links from a photo sharing site like Flickr. That way, a viewer can click to the page and enlarge it.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic