photos from two folders in Zerene

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

soldevilla

photos from two folders in Zerene

Post by soldevilla »

Hello. I have a question from Zerene. Quite often I find that my Canon has split the photos for a stack into two folders, because the numbering of the photos has reached IMG_9999 during the process. I have not found how to load them all in Zerene in the order in which they were taken

Is there a trick for this?

Pizzazz

Re: photos from two folders in Zerene

Post by Pizzazz »

Hi there

I run into this as well with my Nikon.

It is a PAIN, but I use a free-ware "batch rename" utility to resequence all of the files.

Here is a link for one that is available, but look around for others.

https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

Mike

soldevilla

Post by soldevilla »

Thanks, I will try with a small soft for Rename that I have, or I will download your recomendation.

JW

Post by JW »

I usually keep an eye on the frame number, and manually reset in one of the camera's menus. I believe that PS also has a batch process utility that includes a rename option.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see - Henry David Thoreau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

soldevilla wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:04 am
Hello. I have a question from Zerene. Quite often I find that my Canon has split the photos for a stack into two folders, because the numbering of the photos has reached IMG_9999 during the process. I have not found how to load them all in Zerene in the order in which they were taken

Is there a trick for this?
Add the images into Zerene Stacker in two steps. For example do IMG_9782 through IMG_9999 from the first folder, then as a separate drag-and-drop or File > Add File(s) do IMG_0001 through IMG_0045 from the second folder.

The files will be sorted into name order within each group separately, so you'll end up with IMG_9782...IMG_9999 followed by IMG_0001...IMG_0045 .

If the stack gets reversed as a result of alignment, then it will be IMG_0045...IMG_0001 followed by IMG_9999...IMG_9782, still in (reverse) order as shot.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic