Grasshopper - Thanks to Pawel

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lothman

Grasshopper - Thanks to Pawel

Post by lothman »

a very deep stack of a grasshopper with the Laowa 100mm macro.
The advice from Pawel to use ethylacetate worked quite well. I put the grasshopper in the refrigerator to calm him down and afterwards added ethyacetate.

regards
Lothar
Heuschreckke_1024.jpg
Link to bigger version

MarkSturtevant

Re: Grasshopper - Thanks to Pawel

Post by MarkSturtevant »

Looks like it worked well!
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

pawelfoto

Re: Grasshopper - Thanks to Pawel

Post by pawelfoto »

I send you my best regards, Lothar. Nicely done, sharp and clean. Congratulations on your patience. Long antennas sometimes require several hundred steps in a stack. Perhaps even better a grasshopper would look at a greater angle, that is, more from the bottom, and the leaf on the back was not folded. Then the background would be blurred and the details of the insect more exposed. Compare my scorpionfly female viewtopic.php?f=27&t=43665 looks better than male viewtopic.php?f=27&t=43665 because the background is more blurred. If you raised the abdomen a little, the claws on the ends of the legs would rest on the leaf and not hang in the air. These are small things, but the object looks more natural.
I really like the Stefan Traumflieger channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Stefantrau ... shelf_id=0
== best, Pawel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic