Calla w/Apo-Germinar

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bobfriedman

Calla w/Apo-Germinar

Post by bobfriedman »

Now that I have the Germinar working on the Cambo XL, I thought I would use it a bit.

FujiFilm GFX 50R , CZJ Apo-Germinar W 150mm f/8
1/25s f/8 iso100 45-stack

edited to restore an image I deleted.
Last edited by bobfriedman on Wed May 12, 2021 3:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Re: Calla w/Apo-Germinar

Post by ChrisR »

I imagine there are several tonnes of detail we can't discern, there, Bob. Do you have it larger anywhere?
Chris R

iangreenhalgh

Post by iangreenhalgh »

That's beautiful. The simplicity of the form, the composition, wonderful. I love it.

nikonf

Post by nikonf »

Bob, this is very beautiful - Love the lighting, composition and color!

How did you accomplish the stacking with a rail or manually?

Do you have any specs on the Germinar? Is it a macro for 4x5?

Thanks,
Mike

bobfriedman

Post by bobfriedman »

See. https://www.arnecroell.com/czj.pdf

page 18 shows the APO-Germinar W 150mm f/8

See. https://www.cambo.com/en/view-cam/actus ... ew-camera/

for the Cambo Ultima XL which is a technical camera. I use Combo Ultima XL35 with a stepper motor on the rear standard to adjust focus.

nikonf

Post by nikonf »

Bob, Does the Cambo XL offer fine gearing like the Cambo Actus? I have an Arca-Swiss and the focus gearing is not fine enough with the new digital wide angle lenses.
I had to add a Rodenstock Modular Focus Mount to my Digaron 40mm in order to focus easily. It works but I don't want to have to add focus mounts to all my lenses. They are something like $800 now. Pretty ridiculous.
I noticed Cambo is now offering fine focus gears for their Actus Mini View Cameras.

Thanks for your help.
Mike

bobfriedman

Post by bobfriedman »

nikonf wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:35 pm
Bob, Does the Cambo XL offer fine gearing like the Cambo Actus? I have an Arca-Swiss and the focus gearing is not fine enough with the new digital wide angle lenses.
I had to add a Rodenstock Modular Focus Mount to my Digaron 40mm in order to focus easily. It works but I don't want to have to add focus mounts to all my lenses. They are something like $800 now. Pretty ridiculous.
I noticed Cambo is now offering fine focus gears for their Actus Mini View Cameras.
I believe that the AC-380 and AC-381 fine gear focus knobs may be used on both he Acts and Actus XL-35. I replaced the rear focus knob with the cognisys stepper motor using the bracket ACXL-985.

https://www.cambo.com/en/view-cam/actus-xl/acxl-985/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic