Bertrandite with new setup

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JW

Bertrandite with new setup

Post by JW »

I replaced my Beseler enlarger stand which I was using for hand stacking via a 3-axis micrometer stage (kids actually wanted to do some darkroom work) with a custom built camera stand, allowing for any angle shooting from vertical to horizontal, fully adjustable in three directions, and made from perforated 1" aluminum square tube and some 3/4" iron pipes, finally installed my WeMacro rail (after 2+ years sitting in a drawer), replaced my beat-up old Canon 50D with a newer low-mileage 50D, plus some other workflow and workspace improvements. May not be obvious in this image, however the improvements are indeed obvious to me - less noise, streaks in image, much less camera shake, movement, etc.

So yesterday I received this specimen of Bertrandite from a noted Maine mineralogist, collected by famed Maine mineral collector Frank Perham in a one-time find in 1963 at the Waisanen Quarry, Greenwood, Maine. This offered an opportunity to try out the new stand and get some images of the rock.

WeMacro /ZS P-max / Canon 50D / MP-65E @ 3X

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see - Henry David Thoreau

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic