Orchid

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Beatsy

Orchid

Post by Beatsy »

My macro rail is out of action to free desk space for setup and tweaking of a new "diatom arranging station". I couldn't be bothered tearing it all down to use the macro rig as more desk space is imminent (a day or two). So I had a short session using an MP-E 65 on a Velbon rail and tripod instead. First pic is a single shot with a Samyang 135mm f2.0 @ f/5.6 (the one that bent my last rail when I tried to use it as a tube lens), all the rest are MP-E 65mm stacks.

GaryB

Post by GaryB »

Mmmm, pretty :D

Just how much room do these giant diatoms need?? :shock:

Sumguy01

Post by Sumguy01 »

:D Nice.
Thanks for sharing.

cadman342001

Post by cadman342001 »

Lovely composition and light in the first one Beatsy. How did you light it ? window / natural light camera left ?

Andy

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

cadman342001 wrote:Lovely composition and light in the first one Beatsy. How did you light it ? window / natural light camera left ?
Thanks Andy, that's my favourite too. You're spot on, window light from front/left, darkish corner of the wall behind. A light touch of vignette to keep your eye from straying off the edges and a minor crop of the right hand side, but otherwise straight out of the camera - for a change :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic