jumping

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

crayfish74

jumping

Post by crayfish74 »

Hi.,

Jumping spider using mpe 65 + 61 photos for stacking ZS

https://flic.kr/p/BQwvdv

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Well, that's an interesting image for sure! Strikes me as looking like an owl, headed out to a costume party as Darth Vader. ;)

Have you done some editing of the eyes? Those bright spots look a little strange, in the center of the "black holes" for the two big ones.

--Rik

crayfish74

Post by crayfish74 »

Hi Rik. Thanks for your comment and you help to me. I haven't edited the eyes, other things yes for cleaning, but not the eyes.

Best,

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Interesting! So then I wonder how those bright centers got there.

Are the eyes from a DMap output?

Sometimes DMap will do stuff like that, by filling in "detail" from other frames where the eyes are badly OOF and the brighter surroundings have intruded into what should be pure black.

--Rik

crayfish74

Post by crayfish74 »

Yes, was using DMap, however in the single photo don´t have it.

Image1

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

crayfish74 wrote:Yes, was using DMap, however in the single photo don´t have it.
That's what I expected.

What has happened is that the center of the eye does not have any real detail. But when looking for real detail, DMap has found a little bit of false detail in that area, in out-of-focus frames where the edge of the blur circle was expanding into that region. Not knowing any better, DMap has injected the false detail where there should be no detail at all.

I suggest to review the tutorial, "How To Use DMap", linked from the main Zerene Stacker tutorials index page.

The idea is to position the slider so that all areas that are very low contrast go "black in preview".

In the case of jumping spiders, the "black hole" in the center of each eye will always be very low contrast, so it should be made to go black in preview.

Otherwise some bits of OOF frames will get inserted incorrectly, which is what happened here.

--Rik

crayfish74

Post by crayfish74 »

Thanks for the advice Rik. I will have to try it again :-)

best,

Macrero

Post by Macrero »

Nice stack! On my monitor it looks a bit "washed", I think the image will benefit from a little more contrast / black.

- Macrero
https://500px.com/macrero - Amateurs worry about equipment, Pros worry about money, Masters worry about Light

crayfish74

Post by crayfish74 »

Macrero, I don´t see a bit washed, in my monitor looks good... Perhaps, if other member can confirm it I will apreciate. :-)

Best,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic