One of my first Stacks with my new tabletop setup!

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

killawatts

One of my first Stacks with my new tabletop setup!

Post by killawatts »

I have been semi-silently lurking around this forum for some time reading and absorbing as much information as possible. Chris S. has assisted me quite a bit while I floundered trying to wrap my head around some of the concepts introduced to me here on the forum.

I recently completed construction on my tabletop macro setup. (pictures to follow when I'm home) Essentially its built on a 12X24 thorlabs optical breadboard and uses a bunch of arca-swiss components (hejnar, sunwayfoto etc) The following is one of the first stacks I have done using flash (one canon 270ex II and one canon 320ex on ebay magic arm knockoffs connected to magnetic bases which are fixed to the breadboard) I am using a rigid SM2 tube construction with the Thorlabss ITL200 tube lens and a nikon 4x CFI BE plan objective. This picture was comprised of 96 exposures incremented with a newport linear stage with sm25 micrometer. Diffusion by ping pong ball. Background is a piece of green craft foam.

This is a straight output from ZS Pmax with sharpening and contrast adjustment. Nothing more. Critique welcome. I realize this is not the most stunning of images but I'm quite happy with the results. Obviously with a little retouching I can clean up the problem areas around the eyes and a few other defects I can see. I'm very much looking forward to collecting some more interesting specimens over the weekend.

Himself

Post by Himself »

Looks good to me even with that blur around the eyes.
Looking forward to seeing the rig.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic