Stack Of Small Labiate Flower

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Harold Gough

Stack Of Small Labiate Flower

Post by Harold Gough »

This flower is only about 7mm wide but is about 5mm deep trough the stack. (I have not yet identified the flower but my wife refers to it as "that stinking weed"). I used my Photar 50mm f2.8 on approximately 55mm extension, f5.6* ISO 200, tripod and 8 seconds anti-shock, leaving the wooden-floored room during each exposure.

I applied auto contrast and NR before loading into Zerene Stacker. There are 9 frames Pmax:

I am encouraged by theresult. However, I seem to have missed some surface detail, at least on the bottom lip (bottom left of image). My first reaction was that the stack had been too shallow but the lip is in best focus near the middle of the stack.

*I used f5.6* (ISO 200), having been told that the wider apertures are not so good. It seems that I need maybe 50% more frames? (I was not attempting to show internal detail).

* When I removed the home-made, push-on hood I found that it had slipped closer to f7 or so, probably during removal from the tripod. I cannot be sure of the aperture during exposure but nothing was touched to alter it between frames.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic