My first 10x stacking

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Joaquim F. wrote:Curiously the enlarger diaphragm seems to work starting around the total combo f number, around f/16 in this test, the image darkening can be seen clearly in liveviwe mode and the diffraction effects too!
This is just as expected. When the enlarger diaphragm is set larger than the total combo f-number, the objective serves as the only limiting aperture. In this case, the enlarger diaphragm is entirely outside the set of rays that are passed by the objective, so changing the diaphragm setting has no effect. When the enlarger diaphragm gets down to the effective f-number of the combo that is set by the objective, then the enlarger diaphragm starts to cut off some of the edge rays that were passed by the objective,. From there on down, it will cut off more and more of them, stopping down the combo farther and farther.

--Rik

shinchin

Post by shinchin »

Charles, Joaquim and Rik,

Thanks for the information. :D

Jack

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Jack,

This thread ran off in the "techy" direction pretty quickly.

So I wanted to be sure to get back and add that this is really a beautiful image! Great composition and execution!

abpho

Post by abpho »

Fantastic composition.

ChrisLilley

Re: My first 10x stacking

Post by ChrisLilley »

shinchin wrote: My first 10x stacking without cropping. A lot vignetting and dark corners probably due to the zoom len used.
Yes, but the skillful composition turns that into an advantage for this shot.

soldevilla

Post by soldevilla »

I have mounted a diaphragm in my optics setup. When I use an enlarger lens, I close the diaphragm on the enlarger lens and then I use the first diaphragm, just like a ring to block stray light. I put my camera in AV mode and close aperture until the meter indicates that I begin to lose light.

When I have done recent tests with the 135 telephoto lens and microscope objective, I have seen that the aperture telephoto is only for image vignetting.

In the picture, very good picture..., I see a bit of stray light on the bottom right corner. Is it possible?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic