Portrait of a Robberfly

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Yousef Alhabshi

Portrait of a Robberfly

Post by Yousef Alhabshi »

Eric F

Post by Eric F »

Fabulous shots Yousef!

ChrisRaper

Post by ChrisRaper »

Stunning photos Yousef - really good work! It must have been difficult to balance the colour and brightness with all that silvery facial dusting. What sort of setup did you use?

tpe

Post by tpe »

superbe. It would also be great to see a crosseyed 3d. Did you have to do a lot of editing of the stack?

Tim

DQE

Post by DQE »

I could stare at the swirls of perceived patterns in the creature's eyes for quite some time. For whatever reasons, they really do captivate me, almost in a hypnotic fashion.

Enjoyable lighting and colors, too.
-Phil

"Diffraction never sleeps"

tpe

Post by tpe »

I have just set the first as my desktop at work, if you do happen to have a crosseyed sterio version at somepoint it does not bode well for future working performance ;).

Tim

madmacro

Post by madmacro »

Very beautiful, superb lighting control, very clean shot too.
Thanks for sharing.

Yousef Alhabshi

Post by Yousef Alhabshi »

Eric
Thank you Eric :)

ChrisRaper
Thanks Chris. As you said, it was difficult for me to handle all the refelected/difussed light in between the hairs. My equipments were as the following:
- Canon 60D
- MP-E65
- MT24ex
- Stackshot
- & some DIY setup for holding the insect which is a very very basic one since i'm lacking a lot of items at current time! :oops:

tpe
Hi Tim, unfortunately, i've never done it before niether i know how to do it in the 1st place!! reason? well, i never success up till this moment to see it in 3D :?
Yes, i did a some works editing the stacks... especially the hairs, antenna & the end edge of the eyes...

DQE
Thank you for your comment :) I believe i have a better shot for a swirl pattern for one of the flies which i couldn't ID till now..
I'll post it later :wink:

tpe
Tim, you're most than welcome to use it as your desktop BG. As for the stereo version, if you got any tutorial on how to do it kindly post it here, otherwise i'll start searching for one.. no worries 8)

madmacro
Thank you for your encourging comment :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic