Mushrooms on birch bark

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Igor

Mushrooms on birch bark

Post by Igor »

Hi all.
My first macro photography. Some mushrooms on birch bark. The size of the largest is about 0.3 mm. I would appreciate it if you point out any mistakes. Filmed with a cheap microscope lens. After the stack, I did photo processing.
mushrooms.jpg

Igor

Re: Mushrooms on birch bark

Post by Igor »

And another mushroom on the petiole of a birch leaf. About 0.5 mm in diameter.:
грибок.jpg

Igor

Post by Igor »

Also next to the first mushrooms on the birch bark were the following mushrooms (about 0.5 mm in diameter):
гриб.jpg

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

Good pictures. You will not a common artifact with stacking, where a foreground structure in focus has a blurred "halo" near its edge. You can see that in the first picture with the fruiting body near the center. This can be largely cleaned up in the stacking program.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Igor

Post by Igor »

MarkSturtevant wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:03 pm
Good pictures. You will not a common artifact with stacking, where a foreground structure in focus has a blurred "halo" near its edge. You can see that in the first picture with the fruiting body near the center. This can be largely cleaned up in the stacking program.
I tried to remove the areolas in the program, but there were no such pictures where this area would be clear. I attribute this to a cheap microscope lens, but I could be wrong. I have already ordered a good lens, but for now I am training on this.

What else do you think causes such areolas? If I use light objects on a light background, then such white areolas are obtained and there are no pictures from which it would be possible to take clear areas for correction. And if I photograph light objects against a dark background, then I don’t observe such areolas. Is this due to the fact that the program cannot simply determine the correct areas of contrast?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Igor wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:28 am
What else do you think causes such areolas? If I use light objects on a light background, then such white areolas are obtained and there are no pictures from which it would be possible to take clear areas for correction. And if I photograph light objects against a dark background, then I don’t observe such areolas. Is this due to the fact that the program cannot simply determine the correct areas of contrast?
See discussion at viewtopic.php?p=102557&highlight=#102557 , and the diagram at viewtopic.php?p=135042#p135042 .

If there are no pictures from the camera where the background is clear, then the problem is entirely due to the optical effect shown in the diagram. This does not depend on the quality of the lens -- even the most expensive lens does the same thing for the same reason.

--Rik

Igor

Post by Igor »

Rik, I read your explanation, helped to understand the essence of the problem, thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic