2nd try stacking with... Kalanchoe?

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bbobby

2nd try stacking with... Kalanchoe?

Post by bbobby »

These winter days are so gray that when I saw this flower on the window sill yesterday I decided to give it a try... 2nd time using stacking software... will have to find the time to dig deeper in the functionality and re-touching...
cal1_1024.jpg
cal2_1024.jpg

Marcepstein

Re: 2nd try stacking with... Kalanchoe?

Post by Marcepstein »

Pretty nicely done. The colors and contrast were good with nice details.

1-9-23 : "That's my story and Im sticking to it."
Last edited by Marcepstein on Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klevin

Post by klevin »

good to see some color during these gloomy winter days.
For more flower subjects, you might consider flowers from your local floral source, grocery or florist. You might even consider asking a florist for some blossom discards, since you don't really need a stem for holding your flower for photos, in most cases.

Be careful, however. This can be addictive...

bbobby

Post by bbobby »

Marcepstein wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:12 pm
Pretty nicely done. The colors and contrast were good with nice details.
Thanks! I will appreciate some constructive critique, I myself am really annoyed by this "line":
k_mistake1.jpg
I do I like black, but not sure this is the right background this time... Actually this "color" is because I did not use background at all, the light was just enough for the flower and although me and my computer were directly behind the flower, maybe 2-3 feet... all is black...
Also not sure about the leaves and stems, maybe had to put some additional reflector to show them more... or maybe not...
This was mostly picture to see what the stacking software can do and how my Sony body will work with this particular Canon lens, the Sigma adapter - which is good 90% of the time - this time failed miserably, but Metabones did the job.
klevin wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:04 am
For more flower subjects, you might consider flowers from your local floral source, grocery or florist. You might even consider asking a florist for some blossom discards, since you don't really need a stem for holding your flower for photos, in most cases.
I thought about that, but... I guess I am too lazy and not good enough to search for more exotic flowers, maybe another year or two taking pictures of what I got at home and in the garden will do the trick :wink:

Bob-O-Rama

Post by Bob-O-Rama »

They are very nicely composed, and well executed. If this is your second attempt, you are doing pretty well, IMO.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic