Carabid Disaster

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

AlP

Carabid Disaster

Post by AlP »

Last night's disaster. Practicing diffusion on shiny black beetle. Carabid at 2.5x. Originally 29 steps (two flash misfires way over exposed two frames apart with 3 Canon 580 EX II'cs, ended with 27) with fresh batteries all around and forgot to mirror lockup.
Carabid 2.5x 27 steps 180µm copy 1024.jpg

MarkSturtevant

Re: Carabid Disaster

Post by MarkSturtevant »

I mainly see some double imaging. Does not doing mirror lockup cause that much effect? I have thought that not locking up the mirror was not that big a deal, when rapidly focus bracketing thru a live subject, but maybe I'm wrong.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

AlP

Re: Carabid Disaster

Post by AlP »

MarkSturtevant wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 7:09 am
I mainly see some double imaging. Does not doing mirror lockup cause that much effect? I have thought that not locking up the mirror was not that big a deal, when rapidly focus bracketing thru a live subject, but maybe I'm wrong.
Not using mirror lockup would not be the cause of the "double imaging". From my experience and testing with my camera gear I do find mirror lockup beneficial when used on a rail. In the field hand stacking I would never use it with a DSLR.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic