Eupholus schoenherri mimikanus 60x

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

quenoteam

Eupholus schoenherri mimikanus 60x

Post by quenoteam »

This is what the skin of this incredible beetle called Eupholus schoenherri mimikanus looks like when viewed at 60x. They look like blue eggs embedded in the skin.

Canon EOS 6D
Exposure: 2 "- ISO100
Canon Auto Bellows
MJKZZ IR Remote Motion Controller
Newport M436 linear stage
Stacking
Nikon M Plan 60x ELWD 0.70
Number of photos: 238
Steps: 1.37 µm
Approximate magnification: 60x

ImageDetalle Eupholus schoenherri mimikanus 60x by Javier Rupérez, en Flickr

ImageDetalle Eupholus schoenherri mimikanus 60x by Javier Ruperez, en Flickr

pawelfoto

Re: Eupholus schoenherri mimikanus 60x

Post by pawelfoto »

Congratulations! Such enlargements are unattainable for me, therefore I enjoy watching your works. Your photos are of perfect quality and the colors are delightful. I wonder what RAW looks like before processing. Mine are pale and hazy - I have to add a lot of correction when developing. Maybe it's my lighting fault? I use 8x10w led lamps 6500K with a opal diffuser and a DIY diffuser (2 layers of trace paper, diameter 8cm).
== best Pawel

quenoteam

Re: Eupholus schoenherri mimikanus 60x

Post by quenoteam »

pawelfoto wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:15 am
Congratulations! Such enlargements are unattainable for me, therefore I enjoy watching your works. Your photos are of perfect quality and the colors are delightful. I wonder what RAW looks like before processing. Mine are pale and hazy - I have to add a lot of correction when developing. Maybe it's my lighting fault? I use 8x10w led lamps 6500K with a opal diffuser and a DIY diffuser (2 layers of trace paper, diameter 8cm).
== best Pawel
Well, all photos require treatment and some correction, the photos tend to come out a bit "washed out" by Zerene Stacker. The lighting also has a lot of influence and the correction of chromatic aberrations. Of course, the stacking must be correctly executed. As always, there are many factors that influence the final result

This is how an individual RAW from the series of 238 photographs looks, before send to Zerene:

ImageRAW MUESTRA by Javier Ruperez, en Flickr

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic