A few flower macro shots

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

P_T

A few flower macro shots

Post by P_T »

Just getting out of my macro comfort zone. :)

Any ID would be much appreciated. Thanks for looking!! :D

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

The first is an Osteospermum and the last looks exactly like the common lawn Daisy, but pink, so I guess it's a Bellis of some sort... No idea on the middle one sorry!

Nice shots!

missgecko

Post by missgecko »

These are really quite beautiful. The first one is a gazania isn't it? I'm forever taking photos of these flowers trying to get the DOF right. The second one looks like its coming from a cactus, (unless my eyesight is going like everything else) so it looks like a cactus flower to me and, well, sorry but I'm no help :roll: But I really do love the shots :D
Cheers
Sam
Sam

'To see a world in a grain of sand And heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in an hour.' William Blake

P_T

Post by P_T »

Thanks Laurie and Sam!! :D

I just checked the first flower and the petals seemed to have changed colour to purple. The second one does come from a cactus though not from the one you see at the bottom of the frame. The third one I have no idea, I tried to check the pot to see if there's any description but all it said was BIG W $2.61. :lol:

missgecko

Post by missgecko »

Hey PT - with some little help from a friend at work, we've worked out your flower. It's an English Daisy or Bellis Perennis. You were right about lawn daisy, they pop up everywhere in the lawn. We actually have "lawn" at the moment after all the rain, but in a couple of weeks it will be a dust bowl with a couple of hardy weeds. Gotta love weeds, at least they're green.

Cheers
Sam

'To see a world in a grain of sand And heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in an hour.' William Blake

P_T

Post by P_T »

You mean Laurie was right about the lawn daisy. :D

Speaking of dust, we just had our freak dust storm last week here in Sydney. Everything was so red and the bugs I shot were very dusty though in the photo they look sandy, like they've just been to the beach. :lol:

Thanks for the confirmation Sam. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic