Rainforest macros - I

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

hayath

Rainforest macros - I

Post by hayath »

A rather curtailed visit, but managed to get in some decent time exploring. First of this rainforest series with Olympus India

Mating pair of Malabar gliding frogs

A stunning lookin Indirana sp froglet

Malabar pit viper

Gills of some mushrooms

One of our many blood recipients!

All shot on the Olympus OMD EM1 m2, 60mm macro combo. Godox TT 350O with a DIY diffuser.

C&C sought :)

Cheers!
Hayath

Lou Jost

Re: Rainforest macros - I

Post by Lou Jost »

These are beautiful as usual. I do have a constructive criticism of #2 though. For me the out of focus brightly colored lichen in the upper left distracts from the image. I think it would have been better if it had been part of the focus stack, or alternatively, the FOV could have been slightly reduced so the froglet would be more emphasized. Just my impression....

hayath

Re: Rainforest macros - I

Post by hayath »

Lou Jost wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:08 pm
These are beautiful as usual. I do have a constructive criticism of #2 though. For me the out of focus brightly colored lichen in the upper left distracts from the image. I think it would have been better if it had been part of the focus stack, or alternatively, the FOV could have been slightly reduced so the froglet would be more emphasized. Just my impression....
Thanks a ton, Lou! Really apreciate the honest and kind feedback - always welcome that.
I was going for a "environmental" shot since that's how I noticed the froglet in this first place. Shall try reducing the Luminance and repost :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic