Another Critter Mix Part X

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Dalantech

Another Critter Mix Part X

Post by Dalantech »

I found this Cricket foraging on a Dandelion at the Monte Orlando Nature Preserve in Gaeta, Italy in July of 2020. The nature preserve gets a lot of foot traffic, so I think this critter was use to people being around.

Tech Specs: Canon 80D (F11, 1/125, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (2x) + a diffused MT-26EX RT (E-TTL metering). This is a single, cropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Sharpen AI and Clarity in that order. I dragged the shutter and increased the ISO to expose for the natural light in the background while keeping the subject in the shade.

ImageForaging Cricket by John Kimbler, on Flickr

This is a Swallowtail Butterfly (Papilio machaon) that I raised from a kit. After photographing the critter I released her into my yard. Image taken in Bacoli, Italy in May of 2020.

Tech Specs: Canon 80D (F11, 1/250, ISO 100) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to around 3x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -1/3 FEC. This is a single, uncropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Sharpen AI and Clarity in that order.

ImageSwallowtail Portrait II by John Kimbler, on Flickr

This is the second test shot that I took with a diffuser set that I am working on for the MT26EX RT macro twin flash. This time I managed to grab onto the stem of the flower with my non-camera hand to help keep it steady, so the details are better in this frame of a foraging honeybee.

Tech Specs: Canon 80D (F13, 1/80, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 1x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -1/3 FEC. This is a single, slightly cropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Sharpen AI and Clarity in that order.

ImageForaging Honeybee II by John Kimbler, on Flickr

Cool, partly cloudy weather makes the perfect conditions to photograph small solitary bees. I found this Mining Bee foraging in a Dandelion.

Tech Specs: Canon 80D (F11, 1/250, ISO 100) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT with a Kaiser adjustable flash shoe on the "A" head (the key), E-TTL metering, -1/3 FEC). This is a single, slightly cropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Sharpen AI, Denoise AI, and Clarity in that order.

ImagePollen Covered Mining Bee II by John Kimbler, on Flickr

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic