Bee

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

leonardturner

Bee

Post by leonardturner »

I ran across this decade-old image recently while organizing files, and it resonates somewhat with what Mark Sturtevant has been doing with his wide angle Opteka. This image was made with a Panasonic DMC-LX3, a pocket camera of the era with a Leica lens (about 24 mm equivalent, I think) and a wide variety of abilities for the time, hampered by rather fidgety operation with a variety of pull-downs and chances to get things wrong as well as the very small sensor. Does anyone know of a similar current, pocketable fixed lens camera that can do automatic focus stacking internally?

Leonard
bee on flower.jpg

MarkSturtevant

Re: Bee

Post by MarkSturtevant »

I like the strong colors!
Here is a list of cameras that do focus stacking (technically, most do the focus bracketing part, and you do the final stacking part in post processing).
https://camerajabber.com/which-cameras- ... -stacking/. I don't see where there are fixed-lens / point and shoot cameras with this feature.
The ones that seem closest to pocket size might be Panasonic Lumix G90, and there are new Fuji film cameras coming out that look pretty small. But your pockets would have to be roomy.
I would expect there are cell phones coming out one day that will make forays into this hobby.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

leonardturner

Post by leonardturner »

Thanks, Mark! Quite right, focus bracketing is what I meant to ask about. I appreciate the list.

Leonard

ComicsHerd

Post by ComicsHerd »

Wow this is a great work, high-quality and detailed!

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

leonardturner wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:33 am
hampered by
Do you mean "hemp"? :D :D

leonardturner

Post by leonardturner »

Ichthyophthirius wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:32 am