Crab Spider Feeding on a Honeybee

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Dalantech

Crab Spider Feeding on a Honeybee

Post by Dalantech »

It's amazing how a Crab Spider can take down a much larger animal. This one has managed to capture a Honeybee.

Tech Specs: Canon 80D (F11, 1/60, ISO 100) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (over 1x to around 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT with a Kaiser adjustable flash shoe on the "A" head (the key), E-TTL metering, -1/3 FEC,). These are single, uncropped, frames taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Sharpen AI, Denoise AI, and Clarity in that order.

ImageSpring's End by John Kimbler, on Flickr

ImageSpring's End II by John Kimbler, on Flickr

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

A fantastic image. I am always so impressed with your work!
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Dalantech

Post by Dalantech »

MarkSturtevant wrote:A fantastic image. I am always so impressed with your work!
Thanks!

SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Lovely picture! There is so much "magic" in nature even close by if we just care to look for it.

Dalantech

Post by Dalantech »

SteveB wrote:Lovely picture! There is so much "magic" in nature even close by if we just care to look for it.
Thanks!

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Oh Lawd how many times have I ran across this! :o Those little spiders always go right for the back of the neck. That has got to be painful at the onset. Great photographs though. :D

Dalantech

Post by Dalantech »

Ken Ramos wrote:Oh Lawd how many times have I ran across this! :o Those little spiders always go right for the back of the neck. That has got to be painful at the onset. Great photographs though. :D
Thanks!

I think that area behind the neck might be a weal spot, a way to avoid getting stung, or both.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic