A Bug's World

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

marceppy

A Bug's World

Post by marceppy »

Hi all,

This is my first image posting to this form. I shot a series of what I think was a katydid nymph on a lily from my wife's garden. This was a simple shot using an EOS 5D MII with an Canon EF 100mm macro, no flash and hand held.

I had borrowed the lens from a friend to test, which I found to be wonderful. However, after purchasing one, the new lens came broken from the factory and had to be replaced under warranty.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

This is very nice!

I'm sorry to hear about your new lens, but I expect Canon will quickly make it right. Did you get the expensive L version, or the other one?

--Rik

marceppy

Post by marceppy »

Hi Rick,

Thanks. You know the one I had tested was the older version so that is the one I purchased. Canon did replace the lens, but I never did realize the same result. I ended up trading for an EF 180mm macro, which I am pleased with.

I think this may have been the case of one lens (the test lens) being far better than other lenses of the same "breed".

dissent

Post by dissent »

I like the focus and composition. Kind of like it's looking "into the abyss" (albeit a bright yellow abyss).
- Ian
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't." - Mark Twain

marceppy

Post by marceppy »

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the comment. That was the feeling of the image, that the nymph was looking into a depth of vivid colors. Here are a few other views.

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

Very nice images.

Rich

DeVil

Post by DeVil »

Nice shots.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic