Coreus marginatus

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

crisarg

Coreus marginatus

Post by crisarg »

2 photos of a young Coreus marginatus true bug.

First one is a dorsal view, focus stack of 44 natural light exposures at ISO 250.

I cropped a little bit the final image because the right antenna was under a leaf but the resolution is still good.

The second one is a single exposure of a different specimen at around f8, ISO 250.

Cristian Arghius

Flickr

Erland R.N.

great species...

Post by Erland R.N. »

Hi Christian

This is one of my favorite species of True Bugs, but I think I've only seen the image and a later stage of the nymph. It's quite interesting to compare the two pictures, one stacked the other a single exposure.
The details in the stacked image is very good, and I like the rendering of the abdomen and the legs. The second photo is the type I do myself, or at least aim at achieving. You have a very nice focus in the image. I seldom dislike that parts of the subject are out of focus, and a good focus like here simply hides the fact that it's not stacked.

Erland

crisarg

Post by crisarg »

Thanks for the visit.

They are quite interesting for me too, I like a lot their big, solid antennas and their nicely shaped body.

If you look closely, the specimen in the single exposure image is missing the front leg. :)

I've also made an even better stack of a more mature specimen, I'll post it here later after finishing the many pictures I have in my queue now.
Cristian Arghius

Flickr

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic