Schneider-Kreuznach V70 Mount Thread Specs

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jebiga

Schneider-Kreuznach V70 Mount Thread Specs

Post by jebiga »

Hello All,

I am designing a custom macrophotography jig which incorporates a Schneider-Kreuznach Sapphire 0.10/1.75x V70 (previously known as the Xenon-Sapphire 3.2/88) lens. This lens uses the Schneider proprietary V70 mount, whose parameters I would like to replicate so that I could thread the lens into a custom extension tube that I have designed and CNC machined.

Originally I measured the thread with Mitutoyos and a thread pitch gauge, finding it to have a major diameter of 61.85mm (bizarre, I know!) and a thread pitch of 1.0mm. When I went and had a test part CNCed out of aluminum it did not thread in past the first tooth or so, possibly indicating a different thread pitch.

Does anyone know what the thread specs are for the V70 mount? It seems like there is a small variation from the standard metric dimensions which Schneider is using to lock you in to using their proprietary adapters. I have scoured the internet and it seems like there is no information on these parameters. Furthermore, it seems like no one either than Schneider and Edmunds Optics offers adapters, the drawings for which omit the thread details. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

chris_ma

Re: Schneider-Kreuznach V70 Mount Thread Specs

Post by chris_ma »

hi,

maybe robert has some technical drawings and can give more details, but I'm a bit confused, because V70 doesn't really have threads, but is a mounting method which has a groove so you can clamp the lens on in any direction.

here the pdf of the lens you mention:
https://schneiderkreuznach.com/applicat ... asheet.pdf

there you can see that the lens itself has a standard M62x1 thread, on which with the V70 version a V70 adapter is screwed on so that it can be clamped with a V70 holder.

so if you want a screw mount adapter, just use the nativ M62x1 thread.
if you need a V70 mount (without threads), it probably doesn't have to be very exact and you could probably just measure the dimensions from the pdf or the lens once you have it. or you could contact Rafael from rafcamera and ask him if he has the measurements and could do an adapter from him.

hope that makes sense
chris

jebiga

Re: Schneider-Kreuznach V70 Mount Thread Specs

Post by jebiga »

Wow, I will be booking an appointment with my optometrist after reading your message because I must have read that datasheet 10 times and each time I missed the thread callout in the drawing. Not only that but I misinterpreted what Schneider meant by V70 mount. Thank you very much for pointing that out and clarifying.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic