Beginners Mk3 rail build

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

UncleChip

Re: Beginners Mk3 rail build

Post by UncleChip »

One more question, what rails are you using in your setup?

Darionett

Post by Darionett »

UncleChip wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:45 am
One more question, what rails are you using in your setup?
My setup consists of 3 THK KR2001 linear actuators (bought on ebay brand new for 90€ each, a real deal!), they have a 90mm stroke and a 1mm pitch, assembled together using adapters designed by me and custom-made on the CNC, including the adapter for the 0.9 deg Nema 17 stepper motor. All is screwed onto a 40*30cm optical plate.

Darionett

Post by Darionett »

Just to make you feel more comfortable, this is the Setup I started with, a cheap Chinese linear guide (so much so that I replaced it as it wobble as the cart progressed) a clone Mitutoyo objective attached to the 70-200, which the collar mount caused to wobble and a homemade Arduino controller.
IMG_5479.jpg
I tried so many times... then I found this forum where I read many posts and started to understand what to look for and what to exclude.
Then I started looking for the right components, designing my own pieces, and assembling everything.
it's not perfect yet, I intend to make some more changes, but it's almost there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic