Canon flash for use with diffuser

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Kathleen

Canon flash for use with diffuser

Post by Kathleen »

Hello all, this is my first post here.

I currently use my camera on a tripod and either natural light or a handheld Lumecube, which I love. I'd like to start using a diffuser and flash in some situations. I'll probably rig up my own for a bit before buying a diffuser.

I use a Canon R6 and usually the RF 100mm f2.8 lens, plus extension tubes and sometimes a Raynox.

Are there any Canon shooters here who have an opinion on if the EL-100 flash is sufficient? Or am I really looking toward the EL-1 end of things? I do have a Yongnuo 600ex (the YN clone of the of the Canon 600ex) that I need to dig out of a box but the recycle time is horrendous as I recall.

I mostly shoot micro plants like bryophytes as well as fungi inc. lichens, occasionally insects. Only in the field, not the studio.

Thanks so much for any wisdom.

AlP

Re: Canon flash for use with diffuser

Post by AlP »

Hi, Kathleen. To greatly improve the recycle time of the Yongnuo 600 you make want to consider using a Godox PB960 (external battery power supply). I've been using them for a couple of years, haven't had a misfire and output is consistent with Canon 580 EX II's in rapid fire (12 fps). Lumedyne and Quantum also have similar devices at a much higher cost.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic